Wednesday, September 24, 2014

The Tired Professor




I’m so tired
of playing some Big Mama
listening to the whines
of privileged
self-centered
lazy law students
with their
"I really want to know"
(But I hate you for
giving me a C+)
"I really do care"
(but I'm getting back at you
and giving you a fat zero
on this evaluation)
"I'm working hard"
(but I absolutely
need to go home
and plan my wedding)
"I just need one more
clarification about how
you're going to grade"
(and I'll blame you for
not getting a summer job)
"I really DO respect you"
(but I'm not going to raise
my hand in class no matter what)
"I'm just scared"
(but this
thought I'll never reveal
to them or even to myself)
"I can't help that I'm
a whining blood sucking brat"
(Yeah, that'll be the day I
hear them admitting that!)

No comments: