Tuesday, September 23, 2014

Yoga's Divine Stretch





I thought of the divine
as possibly resting within me
and saw a flower of compassion
deep purple, pink, throbbing in its glory

I dared to consider
that my soul is illuminated
by a spark
of that energy we call God(dess)

Upon further consideration
of the divine in me
I saw lightning bolts
labelled joy, freedom
and an awesome love
for everything alive
that can make a rock weep
and clouds dance in delight

When I paused to reflect
how I might teach others
that our spirits, minds and bodies
in union
recreate the wisdom
that gave us the
star-studded heavens

I rejoiced

As I witnessed
the strength it takes
to whisper our hurts
into a pillow we have drenched
with our tears
or the courage it takes
to share them as we weep
and bathe the shoulders
of a comforting friend

And I owned the
courage it has taken
to stand tall when
I understood that
not everyone liked
but many more have loved
me

When I could envision
the wardrobe of my
leap of faith as I emerged
from this dungeon of despair
I saw pearl-capped mountains
holding me up tall and proud
warrior’s armor polished
with ruby red breath
I wore emerald green trees
and sapphire laced blankets
for a child’s pose

I saw the union of
my body with spirit and
a restless mind

I saw my off-the-mat-yoga
as a dreamer’s
notion of what it
means to express
being both human and divine.

No comments: