Wednesday, January 24, 2024

 Mood Melt


It's the snow out 

this old hotel window

that caught my eye

but its the beauty

of their travel downward 

that made me stop

my fretting

as I looked for the papers

I'd dropped by the bed last night

too tired to care 

I began this first day for a job

in a new city and place

thinking

will I like it

will they like me

will I stay

And then paused 

reflecting on how seasons pass

as do my feelings 

of hurt

and my worries

and how snowflakes come 

and they go and they melt 

and they are remembered 

and some stick 

and others don't 

and so can the thoughts that created 

this mood of distrust 

that needed to be stopped in its tracks 

so that I could look out the window

at the silence and beauty of 

drifting snowflakes. 


ERA, downtown Chicago, 1/27/2000




No comments: