Tuesday, September 23, 2014

Heart in the Mountain



I came to the mountains
and I found my heart

it was sitting at the
foothills just waiting for me

when I got there
the trees called out my
name and opened
their arms to
hold the hurts, aches
and disppointments
I’d brought in my knapsack

The black birds danced a jig
while the red birds
set a table for the
feasting on colorful
stretches they knew
I would enjoy

As I set down my bags
and put the past beind me
the lake offered to hug me
as I dropped my worries
into her bosom
and I greeted my healing heart
and delighted in the
rainbow of emotions
she had been waiting
to show me

And after a good
and long visit
I thanked the mountains
for their generous hospitality
as I gave them the
happy news that
my heart and I
were going back
home together
at peace 
and in love
with 
myself.













No comments: