Tuesday, September 23, 2014

Oración/Prayer




I hereby
invoke a new prayer

a la India Diosa
quien me carga en
su rebozo
Dame paciencia

Goddess
grant me patience

Le tengo miedo al futuro
I fear the future

Se me olvida que
tu todo sabes
I forget that you know all

que tu cuidas los mares
los vientos
y los temblores

That you watch over seas
winds and quakes

Y te encargas del horario
en que se terminan
los viajes de nuestras almas

And that you keep the time
clock which marks the end of
our soul’s journeys

O Diosa grande y buena
Oh Goddess good and great

Por un grano de paciencia
le doy las gracias

For a grain of patience
I thank you

Y te ofrezco mi maiz
amarillo lleno de esperanza

And I offer you this maize
filled with the color of hope

Y amor
and love

Oye mi oracion
Hear my prayer

Mientras canto
tus gracias
y maneras de recordarme

While I sing your graces
and your ways of reminding me

Que nunca estoy sola
That I am never alone

Que to rebozo de luz
That your blanket of light

Siempre cargo dentro de mis
buenas intenciones y mi fe

I carry always as an aspect
of my willingness
and my faith

Amen.

No comments: